UPDATE 4/7/06- Made the jump and fall faster!
Here's the new revised version, a week and two days later.
To get a grip on where I'm going with this, I decided I would crit myself before anyone else does. So here's a list of everything I can say about this piece. Keep in mind that while the original file was set to play at 30 fps, the computer automatically set it to play a bit slower than that.
- Great sense of flow and good sense of what the character's feeling and his actions. Good personality shown throughout.
- Good overall form.
- Fly's movements are fine. Just jerky enough.
- Follow-through of hair and clothing is too quick and jerky. I discovered that secondary actions take just as much time to move as the primary action.
- Sam's head fluxuates in size. In the first shot, when he is leaning back, it could be said that his head is smaller because of perspective, but I think that is pushing it.
- Sam's arms seem to loose and gain fat.
- Sam appears to have a severe case of Man Boobie, especially in the first shot.
- Lines are generally vibrating. This is something I need to practice working on, as I am not a good draftsman, and 2D animators don't usually focus on the line quality anyway.
- Pauses are too abrupt, fly keeps stopping when Sam stops.
- Fall may still be a bit too slow.